- Leathes Prior advise on the sale of the Greensleeves Group
- Leathes Prior Advise advise shareholders of Tiger Eye Consulting Limited on sale to CTS Group
- Leathes Prior assist shareholders of Rent4sure in sale to PIB Group
- Leathes Prior act on acquisition of multi-award winning publication, The New European, from Archant
- Leathes Prior advise on merger of Stellar Global Ltd and Mash Staffing Holdings Limited
- Leathes Prior act on the sale of Salix River & Wetland Services
- Leathes Prior advise on management buyout of Greensleeves Lawn Care
- Leathes Prior advise Canham Consulting on becoming Employee Owned
Corporate matters Alex has acted on include:
- Advising the shareholder of a regional care home group on a sale to a listed Real Estate Investment Trust in a deal worth in excess of £10m.
- Advising the shareholders of a large regional care home operator on a sale to a national chain in a transaction worth in excess of £7.5m.
- Assisting Angling Direct plc on its initial public offering on the London Stock Exchange AIM list.
- Advising the shareholders of a well-known environmental contractor on a sale to a large independent consultancy firms in a transaction worth in excess of £6m.
- Advising a consortium of investors on the acquisition of The New European newspaper title from the Archant Group.
- Advising the buyer on a merger of two London-based promotional agencies.
- Advising the shareholders of an educational software business on a sale to a private equity buyer in a transaction worth in excess of £3m.
- Advising an international produce supplier on a debt finance transaction with the deal value of approximately £2.5m.
- Advising a technology company on its Series A investment round, with a value in excess of £2m.
- Advising the shareholders of a third-generation manufacturing company on a management buyout with a transaction value of in excess of £2m.
- Advising the shareholders of a market-leading tenant referencing company on a sale to a large insurance group.
We have looked at different succession options for some time. The most important thing for Canham Consulting is that the culture and values we work so hard at, continue to develop. The only way we could be sure of this, was to transition to an Employee-Owned business, and form an EOT. The EOT process requires true collaboration, and transparency. It was essential for us, that we surrounded ourselves with practical, pragmatic, and truly understanding legal support. Alex Saunders and Jack Horwitz have guided us through the EOT process and been an integral part of the team. Their knowledge and collaborative approach have made the process enjoyable for everyone. I cannot praise or recommend Leathes Prior high enough. Thank you for your support.
Over the years that we have been working with Alex and the team at Leathes Prior, they have built up an in-depth understanding of how we do business and what is important to us as people. This was absolutely critical for us as we navigated through the process of being acquired and we truly felt they had our backs all the way. We developed great personal relationships with many of their team, which we hope will continue into the future. Thank you Alex and Team.
I am delighted with the service provided by the team at Leathes Prior led by Alex. The legal advice was delivered at a practical level, helping me understand fully the process and implications at each step of the way. Really big thank you to Alex, Sam and the team in helping me through the acquisition process.
Alex Saunders, supported by the rest of the Corporate Team, have and continue to be on hand (and quite literally holding our hand!) through countless pieces of project work over the years. Alex’s advice and support has ranged from locking key staff in to the business (through the implementation of EMI Share Scheme) to ensuring we are compliant with all DPA matters (health checking process and documentation for impending GDPR legislation), and everything and anything you can think of in-between these two matters. The project work is just part of the support we receive – Alex and the team are on hand day-in day-out 24/7 to assist with any question we have on so many matters. How would I sum things up? You send Alex an email – you get a reply. You phone Alex – he picks the phone up. You ask him a question – you get the answer PLUS thought provoking advice and pointers on ‘other ways’. Alex and the team are partners to Rent4sure – they are part of our business – and we wouldn’t be without them.
Thanks to Alex for stewarding this deal so professionally and speedily. We couldn’t have got there without him and LP!
I wish to confirm our thanks to Leathes Prior and in particular, Alex Saunders for the guidance and support provided, in the quest for ourselves and our member Clubs to understand and begin the process of compliance in respect to GDPR 2018. Alex presented and delivered in the most professional and knowledgeable way a very skilled pathway throughout the process, a hand-holding exercise of the first order. I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending your services to other parties.
Alex, Jack and the team at Leathes Prior were extremely professional, efficient and supportive throughout the whole sale process. They went the extra mile to ensure that the shareholders fully understood the process, legal implications and the associated risks and worked tirelessly to ensure that the deal went through as smoothly as possible.
Alex, Jack and the Leathes Prior Team were brilliant throughout, their knowledge and expertise was invaluable to enable this merger to happen. Thank you for all your help, we look forward to working with Leathes Prior again in the future.
I just wanted to write to say a massive thank you for all your support throughout this process. It’s never an easy process but I can definitely say that this deal was far easier than when I acquired the other business back in February this year. I really appreciated your succinct and commercial advice, taking a lot of decisions away from me and only focussing me on the bigger commercial and legal issues. It’s been a pleasure to work with you and once again Leathes Prior have been brilliant for me.
We work predominantly with Alex Saunders who has always provided us with a fantastic service.
Just a quick email to say how pleased we have been with the quality of service that Alex Saunders and Jack Horwitz have provided in selling our business. They have at all times been efficient, professional and courteous, providing us with a top class service.
As a start up, we were keen to watertight our legal documents and processes in place. Unsure where to begin, following a consultation Leathes Prior guided us very clearly through every step necessary. Redrafting worker contracts, terms of business and privacy policies. Taking the time to fully grasp our set up and requirements means we now have tailored documents which meet our every need. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.