We are still here!
During these difficult times we wanted to let you know what steps are being taken by our team to remain open and assist with the preparation of Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney and the Administration of Estates.
We understand that people are worried and want to make sure our clients can make or review these important documents but at the same time work within the government guidelines to reduce social contact.
We are discouraging face-to-face meetings where possible but want to work flexibly with you to ensure that your matter can be completed. Other options include:
- Telephone appointments
- Video conferencing
- Sending documents to be signed at home where possible
- Home appointments (as a last resort for obvious reasons)
There are some times in the course of a matter where we will need to meet with you in person, such as for signing Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorneys. We have come up with some alternative options for reducing social contact for these necessary meetings. These include:
- Drive by signings where you pull up in your car and we can witness from outside
- Meeting outside at our office in The Close
- Meeting outside at your home, for example in your front garden
- If you or your relative is in a care home we will do our best to work with care home managers and staff to see if they can assist with witnessing
If you are feeling well and wish to come into the office we are still seeing clients. Here are some of the measures being taken to ensure our office is a safe place for clients and staff:
- Staff will only be allowed in work if they are feeling well and symptom free;
- There is a hand sanitiser on our reception desk and we would encourage use both before and after your meeting – our staff will also use this before your meeting;
- All unnecessary items have been removed from the meeting room tables;
- Appropriately sized meeting rooms will be booked to exercise a safe distance approach;
- Our Client Care Team members clean the meeting rooms and door handles between each meeting;
- The waiting room is periodically cleaned throughout the day.
Please feel free to call us to discuss your circumstances and we will tailor our service for you.
We all need to work together through these uncertain times - thank you for your understanding and support.
Tessa Bonser, Partner