We assist with the UK, European and global information and data activities of a number of UK and overseas data controllers providing them with a wide range of advice in achieving compliance, dealing with data-related disputes, and responding to personal data breaches. Our experience extends from advising extensively on data flow issues within franchise business systems, to recruitment and marketing industry databases, to data management within Local Government and on-line management systems. Our team provides a unique legal and consultancy service which includes:
- Undertaking audits of marketing, processing and storage protocols for customer and employee data
- Advising on the design of compliant databases
- Advising on the response to a personal data breach (including where the breach is as a result of a cyber security incident)
- The procurement of compliant IT systems
- Drafting of data protection and privacy related notices, agreements and contracts
- Responding to subject access requests and to complaints
- Advising on various data, security and transfer issues arising from outsourcing and direct marketing
- Advising on the requirement to ‘notify’ the purposes for which data is processed with the Office of the Information Commissioner
Contact Alex Saunders or Jack Horwitz if you have suffered a personal data breach or require advice on your ongoing data protection completion.
Contact Mike Barlow if you have a dispute relating to data protection.