Dean can assist clients in a wide range of property matters including leasehold and freehold transactions, transfers, auctions, new builds and shared ownership.
Dean also specialises in dealing with lease extensions, acting for both leaseholders and landlords, and can provide the below services:
- An initial review of your lease together with a comparison of extending your lease by private negotiation or under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 (LRHUDA 1993)
- Assessing your eligibility for a lease extension under the statutory route, and advising on the advantages and drawbacks of utilising either the statutory or private negotiation routes.
- Advising you on the procedure, timescales, and the likely costs involved
- Assisting you with extending your lease and registering the new lease at the Land Registry
- Seeking your mortgage lender’s approval (if applicable) to the lease extension and handling their additional requirements.
Dean graduated from Queen Mary University of London in 2012 and then went on to study for his LPC at BPP Law School in 2013. Dean qualified as a Solicitor in October 2015 and joined Leathes Prior’s Residential Property Team in January 2020.
In his spare time, Dean enjoys reading, cinema and going to the gym. He is also keen runner.