Claire is a Partner in the Wills, Trusts and Probate Team and is known for her clear, calm and concise approach. With over 9 years of experience, Claire advises clients on a variety of matters including:
- The preparation of Wills and associated inheritance tax planning;
- Life interest Trust Wills & Discretionary Trust Wills;
- The preparation of Trust documents including setting up family Trusts, arranging the distribution of assets out of Trusts, bringing Trusts to an end and advising Trustees on their duties;
- Estate administration, representing the Executors/ Administrators of a variety of Estates including particularly valuable Estates, insolvent Estates, Estates with assets held abroad and estates where there is no Will;
- The Preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney for Property & Finance and Health and Welfare
- Court of Protection work including Property and Finance Deputyship applications, Health and Welfare Deputyship applications and any other applications to the Court surrounding these roles.
Claire is a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners having achieved a distinction in the STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates - England and Wales. Claire was awarded the highest scoring Diploma graduate in England and Wales, for more details see here.
Having trained at the firm in 2013, Claire qualified into the Wills, Trusts and Probate Team in September 2015, becoming an Associate in 2019. In 2022, Claire joined the partnership.