The team provides specialist advice and assistance in relation to any construction project including all aspects of commercial property, the contour contracts involved such as JCT contracts and similar standard documents, and bespoke contracts in advance of significant projects or where disputes are anticipated. We have a wide range of experience in advising owners, employers, developers, main contractors, sub-contractors, funders, architects, surveyors, agents and other construction professionals in relation to issues involving construction projects.
In our experience, early intervention in construction disputes is often important to help avoid becoming tied up in lengthy litigation. This may be by way of advising on the meaning and effect of contractual clauses, identifying remedies and practical steps that can be taken or assisting with negotiating a resolution. The team's expertise includes providing assistance with:
- Contract disputes whether standard form contracts such as Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT) or Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or individually negotiated contracts
- Professional negligence disputes
- Disputes or issues regarding payments (including in connection with Pay Less Notices under the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996)
- Delay and extensions of time claims
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) including mediation
- Adjudication, including under the Scheme for Construction Contracts
- Court proceedings (including dealing with claims in the Technology and Construction Court).
Contact our expert David Richards if you have a construction dispute.
I am pleased with the outcome and would like to say thanks again to you David and Mike for the professional and caring way you both managed my situation. I cannot think of any way the service you provided could have been improved. I would certainly be moved to use Leathes Prior for any legal service that I may require in the future.
This Norwich-based team continues to impress and adds growing expertise in the construction industry to its existing corporate and commercial know-how.