Our Education Team has a wealth of specific experience in the sector with a number of our solicitors sitting as governors at local schools. The ability to draw on expertise from across the firm, the team is able to provide comprehensive advice in the following areas:
- Drafting contracts of employment and various other policies
- Dealing with disciplinaries and grievance situations
- Academy conversions
- Defending discrimination claims (relating to both physical and mental impairments)
- Advising on challenges to suspensions, exclusions and admissions decisions
- Advice on documentation and procedures (admissions policies, appeals policies etc.) that can help to ward off claims
- Debt collection – we have extensive experience of recovering fees for schools
- Joint ventures and consortiums
- Property matters and construction projects
- Charity and trust issues
- Health and safety
- Commercial contracts
- Intellectual Property protection – and spin out vehicles
- Multi Academy Trusts
Approachable and responds readily to clients’ requests with clear advice. A boon to education clients.
Leathes Prior’s Polly Langford advises many independent schools in Norfolk. She represented a school in admissions policy and Equality Act matters.
Mike Barlow's team at Leathes Prior includes rising star solicitor Polly Langford, who represents Town Close House and other independent schools. Mediator Martin Plowman and litigator Darren Bowen are highly acclaimed.
The responsive Mike Barlow, outstanding mediator Martin Plowman and rising star Polly Langford are central to Leathes Prior’s schools team.
Mike Barlow’s team at Leathes Prior provides exemplary service and extremely quick responses.
Expert employment lawyer Dan Chapman, Martin Plowman and the exceptionally personable Polly Langford stand out.
Leathes Prior provides an excellent, prompt and professional service; it is incredibly difficult to find any fault.