Deputyship & Court of Protection Applications

Our specialist team provide expert advice required to be able to handle applications to the Court of Protection. Our solicitors represent clients with a range of needs, including vulnerable adults who require members of the team to act as professional deputies for them.

If a relative or friend has lost mental capacity without having made a Lasting Power of Attorney or an Enduring Power of Attorney an application will need to be made to the Court of Protection to appoint a deputy to handle their financial affairs. The deputy can be anyone who wishes to act in the person who has lost capacity’s best interests. If there is no-one willing or able to take on the role a professional deputy can be appointed. Our experienced Partner in this area, William Riley, acts as the deputy for a number of clients. We are able to provide further advice and assistance in the following areas:

  • Deputyship Reports
  • Sale of Property Applications
  • Appointment of Trustee Applications
  • Contested Deputyships
  • Statutory Will Applications