Further to the Guidance issued to employers on 11 May, introducing the concept of COVID-19 Secure status and the need to carry out specific Risk Assessments as part of the return to work process (see our article here), the Government have today (20 May 2020) issued further brief guidance to all businesses.
Entitled “5 steps to working safely” businesses have been informed of the practical actions that they should take:
- Carry out a COVID-19 Secure Risk Assessment (Leathes Prior are offering a free Risk Assessment template to clients: please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org for your sector specific template if you have not already done so);
- Develop cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures
- How to help those people working from home
- Maintain 2m social distancing, where possible
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, manage transmission risk
The Leathes Prior Employment and Commercial Teams continue to help clients and businesses with their return to work planning, which in addition to the Risk Assessments and consideration of the above issues and guidance, also includes consideration of Health & Safety Policies, Homeworking Policies and advice in relation to which employees can and cannot be asked or expected to return to on-site working. We are also assisting clients with introductions to suppliers where they need PPE or certain equipment or products installed. Please contact us for any help you may need via email or by calling 01603 610911.