Employment & HR Services
Our Employment Team offers a range of employment law in-house training sessions, tailored in every way to suit your individual business needs. The sessions can be delivered in person or remotely, depending on your requirements, and provide clear, concise, and practical advice which can then be implemented straight into the workplace.
Using the same pragmatic, can-do approach taken in the day-to-day advice provided to clients, the team ensure that each session gives delegates the tools they need to deal with tricky HR issues proactively. Popular topics include:
- Effective Performance Management - Bespoke half day training covering the law and best practice on dealing with poor performance, and managing performance generally, with interactive exercises and advice on what to do when performance fails to improve.
- Equality and Diversity - Half day training that can be adapted for either managers or the wider workforce to help to develop a more equal and diverse workforce.
- Dealing with Disciplinaries and Grievances - Half day or full day training covering the law and best practice on disciplinary and grievance procedures, as well as advice on handling both investigations and meetings, with reference to policies in place.
- Employment Law Overview for Managers - One of our most popular sessions, half or full day training on the key principles of employment law, to assist managers with getting to grips with the legal framework surrounding employees’ rights. This training includes real life examples to enable managers to better understand their obligations on a practical level.
- Managing a Redundancy Exercise - Half or full day bespoke training on the legal aspects of a redundancy exercise, including setting selection pools, selection criteria, and how to undertake a fair redundancy consultation.
- Discrimination: Avoiding the Pitfalls - An interactive half day session on discrimination laws and when “banter” becomes a problem. The session focuses on examples and scenarios, and equips managers with the tools they need to tackle discrimination.
- Data Protection - In-house training (up to half a day) of use to all businesses. The bespoke training covers a wide range of topics such as: compliance with the GDPR regulations; handling sensitive data; information security; and responding to Subject Access Requests.
- Working Time Regulations: Working Time and Time Off Work - providing an overview/reminder of the rules on working time and what counts as working time, together with top tips on managing working time issues.
- Modern Social Media: Issues Relating to Employment Law - A fun and interactive session focusing on the latest trends in social media, employment law, and how to deal with these issues proactively.
Aside from these courses, the Employment Team can deliver training on a variety of other topics, which can be tailored to suit your business.
Please get in contact with Harriet Howes on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01603 281146, for further details.