We are still here for you!
Solicitors dealing with the execution of Wills are now considered key-workers and have been given special dispensation to carry on with our important work.
This shows that the government considers the preparation and signing of Wills an important service that must continue.
If you are in the process of making a Will or want to make one please do not let the current situation stop you from doing this.
We want to let you know what steps are being taken by our Team to assist with the preparation of Wills.
Initial face-to-face meetings are now not possible due to government guidelines but we want to work flexibly with you to ensure that your matter can be completed. These options include:
- Telephone appointments
- Video conferencing
There are some times in the course of a matter where we will need to meet with you in person such as for signing Wills. We understand that the government is looking at emergency legislation to assist with this problem and will keep you updated as to any change in the law.
For the moment these are the options for signing we are offering in order of preference to keep travel and contact at a minimum:
- Sending Wills for you to sign at your home - you would need to find two independent witnesses to assist with the signing
- If you cannot find two independent witnesses then we can come to you so that you can sign your Will outside either in your front garden/driveway or witness through a downstairs window.
Unfortunately there are some circumstances where a home visit will not be possible and these include:
- If you are self-isolating due to symptoms or to living with someone with symptoms of COVID-19
- Visits to hospitals
- Visits to care-homes when visiting is banned – we will try to work with care home staff to see if they can assist with witnessing
- If you live a long way from Norwich – although we will look at this on a case by case basis
Please call us on 01603 610911 to discuss your circumstances and we will tailor a way to assist you.
We all need to work together through these uncertain times - thank you for your understanding and support.