We assist with the UK, European and global information and data activities of a number of UK and overseas data controllers providing them with a wide range of advice in achieving compliance and dealing with data-related disputes. Our experience extends from advising extensively on data flow issues within franchise business systems, to recruitment and marketing industry databases, to data management within Local Government and on-line management systems. Our team provides a unique legal and consultancy service which includes:
- Undertaking audits of marketing, processing and storage protocols for customer and employee data
- Advising on the design of compliant databases
- The procurement of compliant IT systems
- Drafting of data protection and privacy related notices, agreements and contracts
- Responding to subject access requests and to complaints
- Advising on various data, security and transfer issues arising from outsourcing and direct marketing
- Advising on the requirement to ‘notify’ the purposes for which data is processed with the Office of the Information Commissioner
Contact Mike Barlow if you have a dispute relating to data protection.
The stellar practice of Leathes Prior engenders excellence in IP and are increasingly respected for e-commerce and data compliance issues.